Sunday, March 16, 2014

Gluten Free Sugar Cookies Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups

Hello, my name is Meli Emmons and I enjoy cooking.  I love to share my delicious recipes with my friends and strangers too.   I love to experiment with new recipes that I come up with instantly.  I'm pretty creative with clean and healthy recipes.   Understand that I come from a family growing up eating deep fried and country foods/desserts.  Both my mother and deceased grandmothers are great cooks!  They just come up with their own creations with recipes which is where I get this from.  Of course, the weight is an issue for me in the past.  Ever since then, I do not deep fry or cook country foods but if I have to, I will make alternative recipes to make them healthy and clean.  My recipes will have varieties of Gluten-Free, Paleo-Zone (combination of Paleo and The Zone), Primal, Clean and Whole Healthy and most of the time Sugar-Free & Dairy-Free foods/desserts. All my recipes are gluten-free because I'm sensitive to gluten and wheat.  I rarely have grains/starches in our meals.  The only grains or starches I will seldom eat are steel-cut oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and dark potatoes in very small portion!  Not an everyday thing, though.   Maybe 2-3 times a week on my hardcore workout days.  Heavy on clean proteins and vegetables and some fruits.  You will be seeing a lot of coconut oil in my recipes.  

My recipes are very simple and quick and budget-wise too!   If you are looking for clean and healthy recipes to either lose weight or maintain your weight.  Or just because you are looking for heavenly delicious recipes, look no further!  This is the right blog for you to check my recipes out.  This will not be a daily blog. 
But, of course, I have to experiment my recipes first and if I decide they are so out of world delicious or heavenly delicious, then I will post my recipes and share with y'all! With subjected approval by my husband and children, of course.  

I am excited to share recipes with you.  Right now, I'm going to share the gluten-free sugar cookies peanut butter chocolate cups recipe with you.  There is a story from it,  I grew up eating my sister's famous sugar cookies or peanut butter Reese cups at Christmas time. Only she made these, no one else.  Hers were very darn good!   
Today, my husband and I decided to treat ourselves with something sweet but guilt-free and gluten-free.  I remembered that my husband has been asking me to make sugar cookies for more than a week and I kept telling him No.  It wasn't our time to cheat yet.  We have been eating right and healthy for a while.  
At the grocery store today, I decided to surprise him with gluten-free cookies so I bought a Betty Crocker's Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies.   Boy, was he so excited!  Now, remember the story about my sister's famous Reese cup cookies, of course, I didn't want to buy Reese cups.  Not so healthy cause it had too many ingredients on it that you cannot spell or pronounce.  Too many sugar too.  Probably not gluten-free either.  

To my own creation, I came up with an alternative to Reese cups.  Natural peanut butter and above 50% cacao dark chocolate chips.  That was it.  See, so easy and great alternative, right?  After dinner, I started to prepare the cookies.  


Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
(The alternative to Reese Cups)



What you need:
Mini Muffin Pan Tin Cups, 1 Box of Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies (and according to the ingredients on the back of the box too), Dark Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter, Mixing bowl, Hand-Mixer or Stand-Mixer.

Directions:
Preheat the oven at 325 degrees.
To make the gluten-free sugar cookies dough, follow the directions according to the back of Betty Crocker box. (I used coconut oil instead of butter to make the gluten-free sugar cookies dough because I didn't have any butter in my refrigerator)
Spray the mini muffin pan tin cups with olive oil or coconut oil (I used coconut oil).  Scoop 1 TBS of the gluten-free sugar cookies dough into each mini muffin pan tin cup.  Use your index finger to press down the cookie dough.  Make a very small indent bowl in each pressed cookie dough cup.  Spoon 1 tsp of peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice into each indented cookie dough bowl.  Top 3 dark chocolate chips over peanut butter.
Place the mini muffin pan tin cups into the oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes (I baked mine for 12:30 minutes).  
Take the pan out let cool for about 10 minutes or longer.  Use mini spatula to gently pop each gluten-free sugar cookies peanut butter chocolate cups out of the tin cups.  

Make indent bowls in pressed cookie dough like these

Better than Reese Cups, right?  Before baked.

After baked.  Only made 8 cups.  Because my husband and I know we will eat more than just one.  There are 4 left now.  They belong to our kids now.  Something we look forward to our next cheat day to make these again.  So heavenly delicious!!!!




So HEAVENLY DELICIOUS!!  Enjoy!  Bet you won't eat just one because I didn't!  

I look forward to sharing varieties of my heavenly delicious recipes with you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment