Friday, March 21, 2014

Gluten-Free High Protein Flour-less Pancake

Was in the mood for some pancakes this morning.  I've seen several of athletes making high protein pancakes using whey protein powder via Instagram and Twitter!  So I thought I'd give it a try and modify/create something on my own to make Flour-less and Hi-Protein Pancake.  It was heavenly delicious!  Such a sweet treat without any guilt!!!!  Stop what you are doing and make this right now!!  ;-) Great for anytime meals or snacks or desserts!  

Heavenly and Guilt-free Delicious Pancake!


This is actually 1 serving pancake but I spilt it with my husband.  Makes 1 big pancake!  You can double or triple the ingredients if you want to make more than just 1 big pancake for the family.  Why High Protein?  Because 2 scoops of whey protein powder has about 50 grams of protein; hence high protein.  Your body needs some protein to start off with a first meal.   This is a macro nutrient meal.  ((Vegetarians?  Not a problem, use plant-based protein powder.  Omit Eggs.  Use a little bit more unsweetened rice or almond milk.  Chia seed, itself, will act as binding agent like eggs.  Just add a little bit of chia seed.  You can google up on how to make egg less binding agent.))


Gluten-Free High Protein Flour-less Pancake


What you need:
~A food blender (to grind down steel cut or rolled oats to make oat flour) ~1/2 cup of gluten-free steel cut oats ~1/4 cup of egg white liquid or 1 whole egg ~2 scoops of Banana or Vanilla flavored Whey Protein Isolate Powder (I used Banana Cream IsoPure, my favorite!!!) ~1/4 cup or more of unsweetened vanilla almond milk ~2 TBS of white or black chia seed ~Coconut Oil Spray

Simple Ingredients to make Pancakes
Direction:
In a food blender, grind down the oats to a flour like.  Then add in the rest of the remaining ingredients and process.  It will be liquid-like batter.  Don't worry if they do not look like the traditional pancake batter.  This is because it is flour-less pancake.  They will be like pancake after you cook it.
Get the small frying skillet pan out (8 inch) and turn on the heat at medium to medium-low.  Spray coconut oil the frying pan.  When the pan is hot enough, pour the pancake batter into the pan and cook for about a minute.  Flip it over and cook for another minute.  If you feel like it is not cooked through yet, flip it over again and let it cook for a quick few seconds on each side.  
Slide the pancake onto a serving plate.  The pancake may not be as soft as traditional pancakes but they sure are so yummy!  It's like a cookie cake!  That is why it's called pancakes! Duh, right? :-)
The single pancake was so big so I spilt it to share it with my husband.  3/4 for my husband 1/4 for me.  Men eat more than women.   

Topping for the pancake:
1 Banana, shared with my husband (2/3 for him 1/3 for me) 2 strawberries, diced for me and 3 strawberries, diced for my husband.  Then drizzle some 100% pure grade-B maple syrup (or sugar and calorie free pancake syrup if you are watching your sugar intakes) over pancake.  I poured only 2 tsp of maple syrup on my pancake.  4 tsp for my husband.
Fire away and enjoy your pancake!!!!  Soooo heavenly delicious!  Such a sweet treat for us!  

You can choose any topping ingredients of your own.  Create away!  No rules in this!

Steel Cut Oat Flour.  Grind it in the food blender.
Pancake Batter in the skillet, see how big it is!?

Flip!   Yummmmmmyyyyy!!!
This is what my pancake breakfast looked like this morning!  

*****Don't forget you can make vegan alternatives to this recipe too!  Plant-based powder, chia seed and dairy-free liquid to make binding agent like egg.  Just add a little bit more.  Please google up for the instruction. *****

~Heavenly Delicious Recipes by Meli Emmons






No comments:

Post a Comment